It Takes Passion…
…and a little bit of crazy to work here. And, while we are always on the lookout for great talent, we only invite a select few to join our ranks – those who we know will make us all better, smarter and more ready to meet the challenges that lay ahead. Does that sound like you? If so, please check out our current job openings below. We can’t wait to see what you’ve got.
Our Current Openings
Search Engine Optimization Strategist
The Search Engine Optimization Strategist is responsible for day-to-day management and execution of natural/organic search engine marketing (SEO) campaigns. S/he uses search engine optimization (SEO) knowledge to assist clients and the agency in generating fully optimized content and content strategies to direct web traffic and customer interactions both independent and in tandem with integrated campaigns.
The SEO Strategist position requires at least 3 years search marketing experience, with a proven SEO track record. The SEO Strategist should possess a genuine desire to become an expert in the search marketing field and have at least 5 references of proven performance. Knowledge and experience using SpyFu, WebCEO, Raven, SEOMoz, or other similar search marketing and analytic tools is required. S/he needs strong written and verbal communication and analytic skills, must be an excellent time and project manager and be detail oriented.
Reports to the CEO / Director of Digital Strategy
- Manages organic search marketing campaigns across multiple search engines and multiple geographies to ensure specific client and agency goals are met.
- Manages day-to-day organic search campaigns, including keyword generation, ad copy writing and testing, bid management, landing page optimization, budget management etc.
- Acts as the primary contact and subject-matter expert for organic search with both agency employees and agency clients.
- Researches, collects and analyzes data, leveraging internal and external resources and data sources to report on successes and actionable opportunities for paid and organic search programs.
- Prepares the SEO section of our monthly client reports within the Wordsmith for Marketing tool.
- Generates and disseminates management reporting to ensure that the wider team is aware of campaign performance trends.
- Manages organic search strategies and tactics, keeping campaigns focused and within desired ROI performance expectations.
- Demonstrate initiative, dependability and professional diplomacy
- Demonstrate good listening, writing and speaking skills
- Demonstrate a complete and thorough understanding of all aspects of assigned projects
- Establish good working relationships with fellow team members
- Establish good working relationships with clients, partners and project stakeholders
- Meet commitments, work independently, stay focused, meet attendance and punctuality requirements
- Listen to others and value opinions, promote a team atmosphere and encourage accomplishment across the agency
Contract Web Developer (Freelance)
Evok is looking for a web development freelancer to operate as an extension of our team, working closely with us on various development projects as they come down the pipeline. We’re looking for a passionate and driven individual who will collaborate with our team on our interactive initiatives. Projects vary from minor/major website updates, landing pages, and full website development projects.
- Teams with a web designer to develop interactive site architecture for new websites.
- Develops programming code for assigned web projects based on creative and marketing strategies stated in approved proposals.
- Work closely with project manager, designers, and copywriters to create interactive experiences through wireframes, comps, and prototypes
- Assists in launching a variety of online advertising formats (banner ads, buttons, interstitials, etc.).
- Regularly updates active websites maintained by the agency, both by programming code for new information, and updating existing programming code to ensure sites stay functional as technology changes.
- Performs frequent back-ups of all web-based projects, using on-site and off-site storage resources.
- Establishes and maintains a Content Management System for selecting, developing and launching new and/or updated content to existing interactive/web properties.
- Works with traditional and interactive client service teams to develop proposals for site development as part of the overall client strategic planning process.
- Regularly monitors websites and produces reports on current status, with recommendations for updates of content and design.
- Communicate project status and upcoming roadblocks with Project Manager
- Provide accurate estimates
- Recognize best-practice approaches to coding and promote improvements to our development processes
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Requests additional training, tools, software and hardware upgrades to ensure a high level of skills and knowledge.
- Stays current on all programming-related technology trends and innovations, and communicates regularly with Director of Digital Strategy regarding training needs, or hardware and software upgrades to keep the agency on the leading edge of interactive design.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to develop WordPress themes from the ground up.
- Responsive Development.
- Understanding of SEO.
- Ability to hand code PHP, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery/JS.
- Bootstrap Experience.
- Experience with Jquery libraries (Vuejs, Barba).
- Experience with React.
- SSH and Terminal experience.
- Experience with responsive, mobile web development.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors.
- Proactively perform cross-browser testing and optimizations.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proficient with version control systems: GitHub.
- Associate’s degree in web development related field, or equivalent experience.
- Team player.
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress and PHP.
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimization, caching, and SEO.
- Basic knowledge of Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Third Party API Experience.
- Agency experience.
- Prototyping experience.
- Experience with Woocommerce and other E-commerce solutions.
- Ajax Experience.
Account Manager – Travel & Tourism (Destin, FL)
Evok is looking for a new Account Manager to join our team! This is an opportunity to work on a travel and tourism client located in the Destin area. Position would start by September 1, 2018.
The evok advertising Account Manager is responsible for ongoing, proactive contact between our agency and one or more agency accounts. Our account managers interface with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of our clients, including the creative director or artists and copywriters concerning creative; the media director concerning media planning, buying and trafficking; the public relations director concerning earned media and publicity; the director of interactive strategy concerning digital projects; the traffic manager concerning scheduling and timing; and the production manager regarding out to service (OTS) and production items etc.
We expect and rely on our account managers to provide valuable input in developing strategic marketing plans for our clients. Once presented and approved, our account managers are responsible for all aspects of plan execution, utilizing the full-service suite of support resources across the evok team.
This position reports to the Director of Client Services.
Four-year degree required in advertising, marketing or similar. Minimum of five years experience as an account manager for a full-service advertising agency. Travel and tourism experience a plus! Mac proficient. Great attitude and work ethic. We are a culture-first agency, so you must be a team player and ready to be part of a growing team.
- Manages day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Prepares client briefings, Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Enter and manage all client jobs and projects through agency’s project management software, currently Workamajig.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, faxes and emails.
- Coordinates with interactive account executive to ensure traditional/interactive synthesis of marketing efforts.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Informs account director/supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account director/supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc. and quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps account coordinator/assistant informed of client activities.
- Represents agency professionally at industry and community functions.
This is a full-time salaried position based in the Destin, FL area with a strong benefit, PTO and ongoing education/training/support package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, physical capability, sexual identification/orientation, national origin, or other protected class distinctions.
Intern with Us
No fetching coffee. Spend a fast-paced semester at evōk, and you will gain more experience than other interns do in a year. Whether you are on the creative, digital marketing, strategic planning, account service, interactive, social media or public relations team, you will do real work, for real clients and build your portfolio for the next step in your career, which may just be within our walls.