It Takes Passion…
…and a little bit of crazy to work here. And, while we are always on the lookout for great talent, we only invite a select few to join our ranks – those who we know will make us all better, smarter and more ready to meet the challenges that lay ahead. Does that sound like you? If so, please check out our current job openings below. We can’t wait to see what you’ve got.
Our Current Openings
Social Media Manager
The Evok Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager leads the agency team focusing on the “earned” social media space. This person is the agency’s primary advisor on all social media channels, including social networks, content sharing sites, blogs, micro-blogs and wikis. This person must demonstrate extensive social media experience, including knowledge of all platforms and the use of social media for marketing and business purposes. The social media manager actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc., and is well connected with the broader social media world. The social media manager must be able to think strategically, but be willing and able to roll up his/her sleeves to help implement social media programs for agency clients.
The social media manager must be a storyteller, a tribe-builder, someone who knows how to connect with people in a real and genuine way and help them to be part of something big… and who also can change hats to be the agency’s social media data, numbers and analytics expert.
This person recommends social media channels appropriate for client marketing, and guides clients in adopting social media strategies. The social media manager coaches clients and agency staff in how to participate in the social media conversation to help grow customer-brand relationships.
The social media manager advises on, manages and monitors the agency’s social media initiatives and participation, and works to grow agency staff participation in and understanding of social media as an agency self-promotion and engagement tool.
The social media manager should have experience, or be willing to acquire such experience, in as many of the following areas as possible: social media tools and techniques; traditional, new media, guerilla and “word of mouth” marketing; strategic planning; product marketing; press and analyst relations; business development; technology; operations; sales; financial and quantitative analysis, and project management.
Reports to the VP, Strategic Planning
- Creates comprehensive social media strategies for both new business pitches and existing clients, defining programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic across all client brands.
- Leads, manages and mentors the agency social media team.
- Participates in new business pitches and presentations.
- Implements and manages social media programs.
- Experiments with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities (“marketing R&D”).
- Monitors social media trends, tools and applications, and appropriately applies knowledge to increasing client use of social media.
- Strategizes with and educates the client service team as well as clients on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all company products and services.
- Measures the impact of social media on overall marketing efforts.
- Develops, executes, and monitors all social media paid advertising campaigns
- Administrates the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content
- Identifies and improves organizational development aspects (i.e. employee training, team building, department organization, etc.)
- Creates editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Collaborates with other departments to manage online reputation, identify key players, coordinate actions, and leverage new and emerging tools/techniques.
- Utilizes knowledge of SEO to enhance overall content strategy marketing efforts.
- Demonstrate initiative, dependability and professional diplomacy
- Demonstrate good listening, writing and speaking skills
- Demonstrate a complete and thorough understanding of all aspects of assigned projects
- Establish good working relationships with fellow team members
- Establish good working relationships with clients, partners and project stakeholders
- Meet commitments, work independently, stay focused, meet attendance and punctuality requirements
- Listen to others and value opinions, promote a team atmosphere and encourage accomplishment across the agency
Digital Media Buyer
Digital Media Buyer
The DIGITAL MEDIA BUYER is responsible for implementing approved online media plans by negotiating and securing the planned buys, and then tracking the results. This person must be well-versed in costs, fees, formats and other variables related to online media buying, and should be alert to changes and new opportunities of interest to clients and compatible with client goals or objectives.
A thorough knowledge of the Internet and Web technologies, and an ability to work with ad buying and tracking software as well as online tracking and monitoring tools are important. This person must have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
Reports to the media director.
- Works with the media planner to implement online/interactive media plans to meet client strategic goals.
- Negotiates with /interactive/web properties to ensure the most cost-effective buys and most efficient placements.
- Maintains digital records of all online advertising and marketing contracts for assigned clients.
- Tracks and compiles statistics for evaluation of results of online campaigns; recommends strategy changes and revisions where data indicates it is necessary.
- Researches and compiles statistics on reach, frequency, CPMs, cost-per-click, CTRs, unique users, page views, conversion, cost-per-action and cost-per-sale data, for personal reference and to educate client service team members and clients.
- Works as a client service team member on assigned interactive accounts along with a designated interactive media planner.
- Understands and can clearly explain online advertising options to client service team members.
- Builds a network of online media contacts to utilize as information and research resources for the agency and its clients.
- Advises agency and clients when online advertising opportunities arise.
- Maintains online media buying and tracking systems and software.
Account Manager – Travel & Tourism
The evok advertising Account Manager is responsible for ongoing, proactive contact between the agency and one or more agency accounts. Our account managers interface with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client, including the creative director or artists and copywriters concerning creative; the media director concerning media planning, buying and trafficking; the public relations director concerning earned media and publicity; the director of interactive strategy concerning digital projects; the traffic manager concerning scheduling and timing; and the production manager regarding out to service (OTS) and production items etc.
We expect and rely on our account managers to provide valuable input in developing strategic marketing plans for our clients. Once presented and approved, our account managers are responsible for all aspects of plan execution, utilizing the full-service suite of support resources across the evok team.
This position reports to an Account Director or Account Supervisor, and ultimately the VP of Client Services. Taking into consideration of the group account team’s book of business, the account manager may be supported by an account coordinator position for administrative support.
Four-year degree required in advertising, marketing or similar. Minimum of three years experience as an account manager or five years as an account coordinator for a full-service advertising agency. Mac proficient. Hospitality and tourism experience a plus. Great attitude and work ethic. We are a culture-first agency, so you must be a team player and ready to be part of a growing team.
- Manages day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Prepares client briefings, Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Enter and manage all client jobs and projects through agency’s project management software, currently Workamajig.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, faxes and emails.
- Coordinates with interactive account executive to ensure traditional/interactive synthesis of marketing efforts.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Informs account director/supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account director/supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc. and quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps account coordinator/assistant informed of client activities.
- Represents agency professionally at industry and community functions.
Located in our Lake Mary, Florida corporate headquarters, just north of Orlando, this is a full-time salaried position with a strong benefit, PTO and ongoing education/training/support package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, physical capability, sexual identification/orientation, national origin, or other protected class distinctions.
Intern with Us
No fetching coffee. Spend a fast-paced semester at evōk, and you will gain more experience than other interns do in a year. Whether you are on the creative, digital marketing, strategic planning, account service, interactive, social media or public relations team, you will do real work, for real clients and build your portfolio for the next step in your career, which may just be within our walls.