It Takes Passion…
…and a little bit of crazy to work here. And, while we are always on the lookout for great talent, we only invite a select few to join our ranks – those who we know will make us all better, smarter and more ready to meet the challenges that lay ahead. Does that sound like you? If so, please check out our current job openings below. We can’t wait to see what you’ve got.
Our Current Openings
Senior Art Director
The Senior Art Director combines important supervisory and executional responsibilities into one function. The senior art director must possess superior visual conceptual skills and knowledge of media requirements/terminology and vendor requirements/capabilities. The depth of the position demands qualifications developed over a minimum of five to ten years of related graphic and supervisory experience.
Reports to the Creative director and/or Associate Creative Director.
- Helps establish and maintain the highest possible standards of reproduction for all TV, interactive/web, print, outdoor, audio/visual and collateral materials produced by the agency.
- Meets as needed with client service team members and interactive marketing personnel to ensure coordination between traditional and interactive advertising and marketing efforts.
- Provides creative concepts and designs print ads, brochures, booklets, fliers, TV commercials, billboards, interactive/web ads and more, according to strategic plans provided by creative director/account executive, and by assignment from the creative director.
- Meets with account executives/traffic manager/production manager/media as required to ensure timely, accurate completion of assigned projects.
- Works with other art directors, copywriters and additional designated “team” personnel for successful production of creative work.
- Monitors the quality of finished artwork and conceptual materials produced by internal and freelance artists as assigned by creative director. Examines and approves finished art and conceptual material, and supervises alterations and/ or corrections.
- Informs and advises the creative director on department business, including all creative and technical issues and requirements (hardware and software needs, upgrades, training).
- Encourages the professional development and creative skills of department staff.
- Consults with the creative director, as well as copywriters, production, and account service personnel as necessary to achieve agency objectives.
- Promotes agency consensus in the production of client presentation materials, either conceptual or finished art.
- Recommends and directs photographers and talent at photo sessions.
- Oversees specification of typestyle/font, color, photography, illustration and paper stock; inspects and approves vendor pre-press and press proofs.
- Provides press-side inspection of print runs by creative personnel when required (arranged in conjunction with the production department).
- Engages in any personal development necessary to stay current in advertising techniques and standards, and researches activity required to become more familiar with clients’ businesses.
- Meets established deadlines or provides reasonable notice to the production department of special circumstances requiring deadline extension.
- Administers office procedures among creative personnel regarding vacation scheduling, time off, sick days, etc., as defined by agency policy.
- Liaises with production manager in assigning overtime necessary to meet any overload demand.
- Consults with creative director and agency management regarding staffing needs.
- Inventories any supplies related to the performance of design duties; notifies production manager of necessary reorders.
- Performs occasional additional duties as deemed appropriate by the creative director.
- Delivers strategically sound conceptual thinking and high level, craftsman-like art direction across multiple brands and channels with minimal supervision
- Contributes a range of solutions to client marketing problems (and briefs) while developing deeper knowledge and understanding of client’s business and competition
- Displays perseverance in pursuing work with energy and drive, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Collaborates effectively across departments to develop, refine and elevate creative concepts
Inspires creativity within the agency
- Ability to effectively present one’s own ideas and rationale for creative in an effective and persuasive manner, both internally to the agency, and externally to clients
- Demonstrates organized thinking; arranges work into presentations that communicate information effectively and efficiently
- Open-minded and personable with innate curiosity and conceptual ability
- Listens to, acknowledges and responds to others appropriately
- Listens to and applies constructive criticism to their own work as well as that of others
- Offers assistance to peers when needed
- Ability to expertly execute all art needs, including designing and laying out concepts across channels with minimal supervision; can lead and direct junior team members in this capacity
- Possesses a sound understanding of typography principles
- Reviews art and concepts with CD for internal review
- Demonstrates ability to work successfully in partnership with a Copywriter in order to consistently create and sell work
- Exhibits good leadership and organizational skills to successfully manage and direct multiple art components across campaigns
- Effectively partners with agency team and client to see work through from initial concept stage to finish with minimal supervision
Ability to meet all required deadlines, both internal and external, with minimal supervision
- Expert skill level with Adobe Creative Suite and other related software
- Drives the client’s business forward through strong creative product
- Ability to analyze and learn from both successes and failures
- Creates meaningful results for agency team and client
- Takes direction from CDs and shows immediate progress on feedback
- Stays current with regard to design and advertising trends, tools and practices
- Stays current with trends in culture in general
- Proactively seeks out improvement, training and growth opportunities
- Exhibits a fun attitude and pride in the process of making and selling great work
- Demonstrate initiative, dependability and professional diplomacy
- Demonstrate good listening, writing and speaking skills
- Demonstrate a complete and thorough understanding of all aspects of assigned projects
- Establish good working relationships with fellow team members
- Establish good working relationships with clients, partners and project stakeholders
- Meet commitments, work independently, stay focused, meet attendance and punctuality requirements
- Listen to others and value opinions, promote a team atmosphere and encourage accomplishment across the agency
Located in our Lake Mary, Florida corporate headquarters, just north of Orlando, this is a full-time salaried position with a strong benefit, PTO and ongoing education/training/support package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, physical capability, sexual identification/orientation, national origin, or other protected class distinctions.
Intern with Us
No fetching coffee. Spend a fast-paced semester at evōk, and you will gain more experience than other interns do in a year. Whether you are on the creative, digital marketing, strategic planning, account service, interactive, social media or public relations team, you will do real work, for real clients and build your portfolio for the next step in your career, which may just be within our walls.