Updated as of November 14, 2019
Information You Provide to Evok
Evok collects information that you voluntarily submit to Evok through the Service. For example, we collect information when you contact us to inquire about our products and services. The information we collect may include information that identifies or could identify you (whether alone or in combination), including, without limitation, your name, email address or physical address. Do not submit any information to us that we have not requested.
Information Collected Automatically
Evok also automatically collects certain information about your device and how your device interacts with our Service. Examples of this type of information include, without limitation, your device’s IP address and other device identifiers, the type of internet browser you are using on your device, the type of operating system application software and peripherals you are using on your device, the domain name of the website from which your device linked to our Service, and your browsing habits on and usage of the Service through your device.
We use various current and later developed technologies to collect this information (“Tracking Technologies”), including, without limitation, the following:
- Cookies A cookie is a small data file that certain websites write to your hard drive when you visit them. We may also use web bugs, clear gifs and similar technologies that collect data similar to that collected by a cookie. A cookie file can contain various types of information, including a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you have visited.
- Location-identifying Technologies. Location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third-Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third-Party Services.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the sections entitled “Third-Party Services, Features and Devices” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Information from Other Sources.
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect;
- Social networks when you reference our Service or grant permission to us to access your data on one or more of these services;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and
- Publicly available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
For further information on Third-Party Services, see the section entitled “Third-Party Services, Features and Devices” below.
Use of Information
Evok uses information we collect through the Service for our legitimate interests, including, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- To manage our Service;
- To perform services requested by you, such as to respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- To prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities; and
- To improve the Service or other Evok websites, applications, marketing efforts, products and services.
We also use information about you with your consent, including, but without limitation:
- To send you direct marketing about our products, newsletters, services, offers, promotions and events we think you may be interested in;
- To provide you with advertisements tailored to your interests; and
- To fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
We may use information that does not identify you (including personally identifiable information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described herein or otherwise disclose to you at the time the data is collected. Evok shares information we collect through the Service as follows:
- Service Providers. Our agents, vendors, consultants and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may process your information in connection with their work on our behalf. These Service Providers are contractually prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates for internal business purposes. For example, we may share your information with our affiliates for customer support, marketing, or technical operations.
- Third parties. We may share your information with third parties for purposes of providing you with advertisements tailored to your interests.
- Sweepstakes, Contests, Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys and other promotions (each a “Promotion”) jointly sponsored or offered by third parties. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, your information may be disclosed to third parties for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share your information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share your information as required by courts or administrative agencies and to the extent necessary to permit us to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the Service rules or policies, or the rights of third parties or to investigate any suspected conduct which Evok deems improper. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or any third-party.
- Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information with third parties or affiliates except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Third-Party Services, Features, and Devices
Our Service contains content from and hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms and services operated, owned and maintained by third parties. (“Third-Party Services”). In addition, our Service contains features that allow you to interact with, connect to, or access our Service through certain Third-Party Services and third-party devices (“Third-Party Features”). For example, you use a Third-Party Feature when you “like” or “share” content over social media through our Service. Remember that third parties may use Tracking Technologies to independently collect information about you and may solicit information from you. Also, if you use a Third-Party Feature, both we and the applicable third-party may have access to and use information associated with your use of the Third-Party Feature. If you publicly reference our Service on a Third-Party Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Evok in a tweet or post), we may use your reference on or in connection with our Service.
Our Service also contains Tracking Technologies operated by third parties. For example, analytics services, such as Google Analytics, may use Tracking Technologies on our Service to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. Similarly, ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties may use Tracking Technologies on our Service and Third-Party Services to track your activities across time and services, and tailor ads to you based on your activities, which may include sending you an ad on a Third-Party Service or third-party device after you have left the Service(“Interest-based Advertising”).
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the sections entitled “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Your Rights and Choices
Tracking Technologies Choices
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies; however, you generally can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent or you can flush your browser of cookies from time to time. (Note: you may need to consult the help area of your browser application for instructions.) If you choose to disable cookies or refuse to accept a cookie, you may not be able to utilize all features of the Service.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com (as modified from time to time).
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the Service in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices (as modified from time to time). In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ (as modified from time to time). Please note that if you opt-out of online behavioral advertising using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You have the option to opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Evok by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of every promotional email that is sent out to you by Evok in relation to this Service or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the email address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt-in to, or opt-out of, this type of sharing.
Evok may share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please e-mail us at email@example.com or send us a letter to the mailing address in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Evok is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
Evok acknowledges that you may have rights in connection with Customer Data. If your information has been processed by Evok on behalf of a customer and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such information, please inquire with our customer directly. If you wish to make your request directly to Evok, please provide the name of the Evok customer on whose behalf Evok processed your information. We will refer your request to that customer and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.
We have taken steps to help protect the security of your information. To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put into place physical, electronic and managerial procedures. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Service.
Children Under 13
The Service is not intended for users under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information or communicate with children as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. Further, this site is not intended for incapacitated persons, and we do not knowingly solicit personal data from individuals who are incapacitated. If a parent or guardian learns that a child under your care has provided us with personal information, that child’s parent or guardian should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter to the mailing address in the section entitled “Contact Us” below.
Our Service is maintained in the United States of America, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. If you are accessing the Service from outside of the U.S., please be aware that information collected through the Service may be transferred to, processed, stored and used in the U.S. and other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Data protection laws in the U.S. and other countries may be different from those of your country of residence. By using the Service, you freely and specifically give us your consent to the transfer to and from, processing, usage, sharing, and storage of your information in the U.S. or any other jurisdictions where we conduct business or provide services.
In addition, our mailing address is:
1485 International Pwky. Suite 3001
Lake Mary, FL 32746
Attention: Privacy Compliance