Social Media / Mobile Usage for Travelers (Before the Trip)
- 52% use social media.
- Facebook is the #1 site for gathering vacation ideas at 29%, followed by Trip Advisor at 14%, Twitter at 6% and Pinterest at 4%.
- 51%+ of smartphone users accessed flight and/or hotel content and 4 out of 5 accessed both.
- 26% shop airfare prices from mobile devices and 18% will book a flight.
- 23% research ‘things to do’ around a hotel from a mobile device, 22% will read reviews, 21% will compare prices and 18% will book a room.
- 52% ‘liked’ the Facebook page(s) related to an upcoming trip and 59% post statuses about it.
- Stay tuned tomorrow to see the usage During Vacations!
Sources: Marriott, TripAdvisor, Frommer’s Unlimited, Assistance USA, Allianz Global, ComScore
Quote of the Day: “A goal without a plan is just a wish” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry